Protecting the Family Jewels, without going nuts!
Or, your Estate Jewellery Appraiser can be your most valuable asset.
- Estate Valuation: Fair Market value
- Donation and Gift Valuation: Fair Market value with IRS/tax restrictions
- Estate Administration: can cover several markets, thus several valuation strategies
- Wholesale market - $ paid by establishment + assembly = sold for resale
- Collector market - $ paid by collector for items new and/or used, to a dealer
- Retail market - $ paid by consumer for items new and/or used, to a retailer
- Secondhand market - $ paid for used items to a retail, includes antique shops
- Scrap market - $ to be expected for items with no utility, value determined only by value of its components
- Auction market - $ paid for similar items at auction
- Nonutility Jewellery market - $ paid by merchant for putpose of adding utility or using component parts to create a new item
- Garage sale market (flea market) - $ expected does not generally exceed $100, new or used, in any condition
- Cutter market - $ paid by gem cutter for similar rough material from the source or wholesale intermediary
- Liquidation market - $ expected in a sale to the public, time not being of the essence